When you are putting together summer menus this year, you may want to consider pomegranate juice as an alternative to your usual hot-weather drink. It is made from pomegranate berries, which have become known as one of the “super fruits”. Their juice becomes a low-calorie beverage packed full of vitamin C, A, E, B5, potassium, folic acid, iron and fibre. Often people buy organic pomegranate juice because it is a great-tasting way to improve overall health and the immune system.
Pomegranates have been cultivated for thousands of years and have been prized by many cultures as an important food. They have become popular again because the berries make a delicious drink. Modern shoppers buy the organic juice to use as a cool, refreshing beverage. However, current research shows that it also contains many health-giving benefits. For instance:
1) Pomegranate juice may help reduce plaque in the arteries, which can help slow hardening of blood vessels. The juice contains antioxidants, which can help reduce the risk of heart disease and strokes. When you buy the organic juice you are getting a beverage with approximately three times more antioxidants then green tea or red wine.
2) Pomegranate juice helps raise levels of good cholesterol and lower bad cholesterol. Doctors say that this can help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, when combined with a healthy diet and exercise.
3) Research is evaluating whether the antioxidants in pomegranates may slow the growth of cancer cells. There is some evidence that the juice may reduce the incidence of skin and breast cancers. Some studies show it has slowed prostate cancer growth in mice.
4) You may want to buy organic pomegranate juice as a blood thinner. The drink has been shown to improve the flow of blood to the heart, which reduces blood pressure.
5) There is evidence that the properties of pomegranates acts as an anti-inflammatory, which can help slow the onset of arthritis.
Even if the only reason you buy organic pomegranate juice is to enjoy a cool, refreshing beverage, it is surely healthy, delicious alternative to many drinks. It can be found in almost any grocery or health-food store and prices vary. Buying it online is really easy and is becoming increasingly popular around the world. Many companies sell the organic variety with fast cheap shipping right to your door. So if you’re looking to buy some, be sure to see what is available online.
To find out more about pure pomegranate juice [http://www.thextonhealth.com.au/knowledge_base/Thexton__Articles/Pure__Organic__Pomegranate__Juice__for__Optimal__Health] and how to buy pomegranate juice [http://www.thextonhealth.com.au/knowledge_base/Thexton__Articles/Pure__Organic__Pomegranate__Juice__for__Optimal__Health], visit the Thexton health website today.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/John_F_Black/456408